Main Business Activities
1. Basic Policies
(1) Establishment of export transactions
(2) Prevention of unfair export transactions
(3) Activities to advance the common benefits of members
In line with the above basic policies, our purpose is to actively implement common policies and operations concerning textile product exports, in order to foster the sound advancement of export industries.
2. Specific Activities
In order to adapt to structural changes in export environments and intensifying international competition, such as the expansion of global textile production, increasingly advanced and diverse textile demand, and the blocking of international textile trade, we establish working groups and committees to consider their assigned individual products and specialties (opening markets, logistics).
– We step up committee activities and promote policies concerning the following matters:
(1) Measures to promote orderly exports
When a problem occurs in export trading of textile goods, we immediately mobilize an export coordination system among members and work towards a solution, in order to prevent unfair export transactions and maintain orderly exporting for the stable advancement of international textile trading.
(2) Measures to prevent unfair export transactions
We contribute to smooth export transactions by gathering information on market countermeasures and subjects such as international rules for the textile trade, origin labeling regulations in foreign countries, and anti-dumping regulations, and providing such information to members.
(3) Measures and operations to promote exports
1) Logistical solutions to matters concerning shipping and port fees, and customs clearance
2) Requests for improvement and simplification etc. concerning tax reduction systems for processed reimports and the application of EPA tariffs etc.
3) Information gathering and market opening measures concerning tariff and non-tariff barriers
4) Measures to facilitate external trade and investment
5) Requests and cooperation towards greater expansion in the signing of EPAs and other partnership agreements
6) Measures to protect intellectual property, such as designs and trademarks
7) Measures addressing taxation, finance, and foreign exchange
1) Operations to promote textile exports
2) Investigation and publicity activities concerning domestic and overseas information on textiles (Creation of various statistical documents, and provision of opportunities to view them)
3) Negotiation with relevant authorities, and cooperation with policy advisory organizations and related bodies
4) Administration of certificates of origin and other certification
5) Organization of training sessions and symposia